Monday, October 30, 2006

Formerly Known III

Days, months and years have flown, like water streaming furiously from the mountains to the sea. I sit in front of the cold window at the side of my bed, rain washes the crystals everyday and nutures the trees in the backyard.

I've been resting here since the great fall, the one that withered all forms of vegetation from Veldran, my city. A brown, red and yellow carpet was omnipresent in roads and sidewalks, crushed by the naive peasents in their morning walks.

I swing my chair while I hear the water symphony outside, I could say I understand Haendel's mind but not his heart. No one's heart. You can be in somebody shoes and try to think like them and given the proper background you could, but to feel like somebody else, that is nonsense.

A robin lands on my window and starts hitting with its beck the glass, I stand up slowly and walk to it step by step, one at a time, and open the road to my solitude. The robin glides to the shelves where I keep my books and stares at me.

Celebrate! One is life, one and mine!
Run in meadows, talk with flowers!
Rest at the shadows of forgotten trees!
They cast shelter for the wise and meek.

Kiss those lying lips!
Be reborn, be baptized!
The ashes of past,
Will mix with the land.

Life follows the aging time!

Lose yourself, we are not
You are the universe, the rose and the stone
Calm winds, kind, gentle God
Left without shields at all times prone.

Thus said the little bird into my head. And I sit down again, and continued swinging my chair.

No comments: